The Steering and Scientific Committees invite you to submit an abstract to the International Conference on Highway Pavements and Airfield Technology to be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, August 27-30, 2017. This conference will bring together transportation researchers, practitioners, and contractors from around the world to discuss the current and critical challenges affecting airfield and highway pavement performance, sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and emerging technologies. Also featured in this conference will be new technologies for safe operations within the airport environment. The theme of the conference is “Sustainable Pavements and Safe Airports.”
We are currently accepting abstracts to be presented at the conference. Final submitted papers will be published in Conference Proceedings by ASCE upon meeting final approval and other requirements. Deadline for all submissions is September 19, 2016. Questions on submitting abstracts should be directed to [email protected].
- Abstract for a PowerPoint presentation at the conference, with full paper in conference proceedings.
- Abstract for a PowerPoint presentation at the conference only.
- Abstract for poster display at the conference, with full paper in conference proceedings.
- Abstract for poster display at the conference only.
- Techniques for Airfield and Highway Pavement Construction, Maintenance, and Rehabilitation
- Advanced Modeling and Analysis of Airfield and Highway Pavements
- Testing and Characterization of Asphalt, Concrete, and Aggregate Materials
- Innovative Methods on Highway and Airfield Pavement Design, Analysis, and Evaluation
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Pavement Sustainability and Life Cycle Assessment
- Pavement Asset Management
- Pavement Preservation Techniques and Case Studies
- Pavement Monitoring, Evaluation, and Nondestructive Testing
- Pavement Interlayer Materials and Other Geo-engineering Materials
- Pavement Instrumentation and Accelerated Loading Testing
- Case Studies of Interesting Airfield and Highway Paving Projects
- Airport Operational Safety: Runway Surface Technology, Airport Wildlife Control, Runway Incursion Reduction
- Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF)
- Airfield Visual Guidance
- Safety Management Systems
- Impacts of Next Gen Airspace on Airfield Capacity
GENERAL NOTES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSIONS
- The login name and password used for the abstract upload must be the same for the final paper upload. They cannot be changed to a different login name and password.
- Abstract submissions will be reviewed for decisions on acceptance. The Conference Steering Committee reserves the right to remove abstracts from a full session on technical grounds and/or add other submitted abstracts that are a better fit for the session. Presentations will be selected from the open call as well as by special invitation.
- Papers will be included in conference proceedings upon meeting the requirements for final approval. Papers should adhere to ASCE paper formatting requirements. Allowable file type is MS Word. PDFs are not allowed.
- A maximum of 2 submissions per podium presentation and a maximum 2 submissions per poster will be accepted.
- If your submission is accepted for podium presentation or poster, you will be required to register for the conference by the Speaker Registration Deadline of May 1, 2017, and will be required to make a PowerPoint presentation in your approved and assigned session. A reduced registration rate will be provided to all accepted speakers.
- ASCE does not reimburse or pay the presenters' costs to attend the conference.
- Proceedings will be published to document this conference. Authors of accepted abstracts for papers are required to submit an 8 to 12-page final paper for inclusion in the proceedings. The proceedings will be published and copyrighted by ASCE. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain any necessary permissions or approvals from employers, project owners, or clients prior to submission of the final paper for publication. Material included in your submission from previously published sources, including online sources, may require permission from the copyright holder of that publication or website. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain the permission for reuse of this material and include the appropriate credit information in the paper.
For questions contact [email protected].