We are no longer accepting abstracts for the International Airfield and Highway Pavements Conference 2019. Please note that papers are optional for this conference.
- Abstract for a PowerPoint presentation at the conference, with full paper in conference proceedings.
- Abstract for a PowerPoint presentation at the conference only.
- Abstract for poster display at the conference, with full paper in conference proceedings.
- Abstract for poster display at the conference only.
- Recent Techniques for Airfield and Highway Pavement Construction, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- Advanced Modeling, and Analysis, and Evaluation of Airfield and Highway Pavements
- Testing and Characterization of Asphalt, Concrete and Aggregate Bound and Unbound Pavement Layer Materials
- Innovative Methods on Highway and Airfield Pavement Design, Analysis and Evaluation
- Paving Material Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Pavement Sustainability and Life Cycle Assessment
- Pavement Asset Management and Sustainability
- Pavement Rehabilitation and Preservation Techniques and Case Studies
- Pavement Monitoring, Evaluation, and Nondestructive Testing
- Pavement Interlayer Materials and Other Geo‐engineering Transportation Engineering Materials
- Pavement instrumentation and Accelerated Loading Testing
- Case Studies of Interesting Special Airfield and Highway Paving Projects
- Role of Pavement Infrastructure and the Expected Challenges and Opportunities in the Age of in the Autonomous‐Connected Vehicles Era.
General Notes and Requirements for Submissions
- Abstract submissions will be reviewed for decisions on acceptance. The Conference Steering Committee reserves the right to remove abstracts from a full session on technical grounds and/or add other submitted abstracts that are a better fit for the session. Presentations will be selected from the open call as well as by special invitation.
- Any papers associated with the submissions will be included in conference proceedings upon meeting the requirements for final approval, including compliance with the ASCE Paper Formatting Guidelines and a length of 8 to 12 pages.
- A maximum of two submissions per podium presentation and a maximum two submission per poster will be accepted.
- If your submission is accepted for podium presentation or poster display, at least one member of your submission group will be required to register for the Conference by the Speaker Registration Deadline of , and will be required to make a PowerPoint presentation (if approved for podium presentation) or display your poster (if approved for poster display) in your approved and assigned session. Registration by the speaker registration deadline is also a mandatory requirement for inclusion of a paper in the conference proceedings, if submitted and approved.
- Allowable file type is MS Word. PDFs are not allowed.
- ASCE does not reimburse or pay the presenter's costs to attend the conference.
Proceedings will be published to document this conference. Authors of accepted abstracts under the paper category are required to submit an 8 to 12-page final paper for inclusion in the proceedings. The proceedings will be published and copyrighted by ASCE. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain any necessary permissions or approvals from employers, project owners, or clients prior to submission of the final paper for publication. Material included in your submission from previously published sources, including online sources, may require permission from the copyright holder of that publication or website. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain the permission for reuse of this material and to include the appropriate credit information in the paper.
Questions? Contact Neal Sweeney at [email protected].